Friday, June 20, 2008

Researching MBA programs

So I've been up to my neck google-ing, blogstalking and webstalking to get the dish on which MBA program I may be applying to for Fall 09. After much online research and thanks to a knowledgeable and highly motivated community of prospective and current MBA bloggers, I've narrowed my choices down to 5. After weighing the pros and cons of full-time and part-time MBA programs, I've decided that if I get admitted into a CA program close to home, I will go ahead and pursue a part-time MBA. However, why not give myself the benefit of the doubt and aim for some of the top 10 out-of-state full-time MBA schools? I've been going back and forth, forth and then back again on this decision b/c of 1 major reason: I have a mortgage to keep up and with the icy real estate market in CA, I know selling is not an option.

So why, then, aim for the stars? Hmm...maybe because I've learned that one can only achieve the unforeseeable by dreaming the impossible...and each and every day I go out to speak with students on pursuing an education, I am constantly reminded of my own advice to them: "NEVER shut the door of opportunity on yourself! You'll never know unless you strive!" So, when it comes to my own goals, why not practice what I preach? I can't think of any reason not to....except for the bling bling factor, but even there, I know things will look up. (Let's think good thoughts:)

Another reason for my consideration of out-of-state MBA programs is this: It's probably going to produce the biggest return on investment and if I'm opting for something outside CA, it better we worth it! That for damn sure! As to which ones...keep on reading my blogs to find out! And this may change as well since my GMAT performance will be a HUGE factor in my final decisions. I just took an assessment GMAT and let's just say I'm sure glad I'm going to my Manhattan prep course tomorrow! :) Let's see what happens....I can only go up from here!

No comments: